Hey guys! The rest of the guys already have their blogs flying around today, so here goes mine. We arrived at Mike and Jackie's around the weekend of January 21st. After celebrating with a bottle of the finest bourbon this side of the mighty Missisip, that's right i'm talking about Evan Williams, the drink of kings, we dedicated the next 3 weeks to bettering ourselves as musicians and people, and bringing you the sickest live show and new music that we possibly could bring.
So i've compiled together a list of things that have been notable from those 3 weeks for your viewing pleasure. Enjoy!
1. Rigourous practice and testosterone.
2. Friend requests, friend requests, and more friend requests.
3. Missions to figure out ways to flavor coffee WITHOUT coffee creamer.
4. Speeding up the destruction of my lungs by smoking unfiltered cigarettes. *cough*
5. Realizing the importance of non-procrastination.
6. Watching Mike and Jackie's dogs fulfill each others curious desires.
7. Not disliking peanut butter and jelly as much as I used to.
8. Happily sipping Jay's backwash at a hockey game somehow brought us closer.
9. Having my signature on a drumstick that is actually really good.
10. Late night chats with Mike Hancock in his bathrobe is a quick cure for manic depression.
11. Shooting a video complete with filthy-mouthed parrots and a 13 year old girl that looked like she was 20. Watch out.
13. Being happy over the fact that I don't look like a skinhead anymore since my hair has finally grown back.
14. Learning proper singing techniques. (We need the Christmas wiiiiiiish!)
15. Luby's, Luby's and more Luby's.
16. Selling the van (R.I.P. Guapo!)
17. Don't ever eat 12 slices of swiss cheese in one night. I learned this the hard way.
18. Realizing that learning jazz drums requires goofy pants and a fat ass.
19. Adkins Park bar is a cesspool of lost youth and mature womens' desperate needs.
20. And last but not least, Actually hearing a Stone Temple Pilots song I don't completely loathe.
Whew, i'm sure there is alot more but you get the picture. There's one more thing i need to touch on before I sign off.. If you read Ryan's blog, he noted how I've somehow been able to get my chest hair to grow in the shape of a skull and wings. Well this is true, and while I can't give out the secrets in how this amazing phenomenon occured I will say this. I spent some time using ancient Buddhist techniques from the high slopes of the mountains in Nepal. After weeks of eating nothing but plain salt and lotus roots, i fiqured out the way of transferring your pubic hair onto your chest to create a thick, manly rug. I know, I know, it sounds crazy but it's true.
Well that's all for now, talk to you guys from the road! Nick.
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Posted by Echovalve at 4:25 PM